[Alt-photo] P600 printer

forums at walkerblackwell.com forums at walkerblackwell.com
Wed May 10 19:56:45 UTC 2017

Both the P600 and P800 are pretty good. They can be modified to raise the star-wheels as well. I recommend if printing w/ Epson driver but QTR has problems w/ these printers (in my opinion, others may be fine w/ it)

I’m working on developing an entirely new driver (for the SureColors specifically but also for older printers) that enables 5760x2880dpi on small formats and 2880x2880dpi on large formats with a much better dither and multi-dot control specific for DigNeg. Will let the group know when the software is good on the SureColors. I notice micro-lining with SureColor P6 and P8 and QuadtoneRIP because it’s using an old MicroWeave/Dither algorithm that hasn’t been updated for the new head architecture.

best,
Walker