[Alt-photo] sad news

Malin Fabbri alternativephotography at gmail.com
Fri May 12 09:39:54 UTC 2017

She will be greatly missed, both for her contributions and her personality.
Here is also a message from her daughter:

"Judith Seigel July 20, 1930-May 10, 2017. Artist, photographer, writer,
publisher, editor, pioneering woman artist, teacher, Village firebrand and
activist.

My mother always said would never leave Morton Street except feet first.
Yesterday, she did, after dying quietly at home asleep in her own bed.
Feeling sadly joyful for such a peaceful finale to a long, good life and
that I was able to help carry her out, indeed, feet first.

Funeral services 10 a.m. Sunday, Riverside Memorial Chapel. "

On 12 May 2017 at 08:57, Jean Daubas via Alt-photo-process-list <

> Christina,
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> So sad. When I joined the list long, long time ago, Judy’s presence and
> energies amazed me. What a fantastic person! I never met her but exchanged
> some private messages with her at the time of 09/11 and I had the
> opportunity to understand how much humanity was in her, besides her
> extraordinary technical and pedagogical abilities!
>
> My /Post Factory Journal /complete collection is always at my hands’ reach
> and sometimes, when I have enough working on some subjects, I randomly open
> one of the PFJ issues and re-read one article (which I already read 30
> times) or I just wander through her illustration drawings which still make
> me laugh so much…
>
> Thanks Judy for all you brought to our ‘Alt – community’. I feel you will
> stay behind my emulsion brush strokes on paper forever.
>
>    ‘Alternative cheers’ from France,
>
>    Jean
>

> Le 12/05/2017 à 03:04, Christina Z. Anderson via Alt -photo-process-list a
> écrit :
>
>> Dear Alt List,

All the best,
Malin