[Alt-photo] sad news

John Brewer john at johnbrewerphotography.com
Fri May 12 10:29:05 UTC 2017

That is said to read. I really enjoyed her input both, artistic and her
unique wit. Rest in peace Judy

John

On 12 May 2017 at 02:04, Christina Z. Anderson via Alt-photo-process-list <

> Dear Alt List,
> I just found out via FB that Judy Seigel has died.
> The funeral will be Sunday May 14, 10 AM Riverside chapel, 76th Street and
> Amsterdam if you are in Manhattan.
> http://www.riversidememorialchapel.com/obituaries/show/3046
> It saddens me when our “greats” from the alt list pass on, and lately this
> seems to have happened often. Probably because I’ve been on the alt list
> for almost 20 years now.
> I have benefitted from so much knowledge, even through the controversies.
> It has been a “spicey” group off and on through the years, but that always
> has been an impetus for me to pursue excellence.
> I remember fondly meeting up with her in NYC, probably around 2000, and
> having a wonderful dinner with her near her Greenwich Village residence.
> I credit Judy as one of those who put gum on the map and kept the
> conversation going.
> Her Post Factory Journal series  has been a great resource, as I can see
> since we are still discussing it on this list. I have two sets, one for me,
> one for my students, of which I cannot part. They’re on the “keeper” shelf
> along with my gum monographs from the late 1800s. There are so many list
> members represented in those pages. It reads like an alt list diary.
> How amazing she was married 65 years, through such changing social times!
> Chris

John Brewer
www.thevictorianphotographer.com
www.johnbrewerphotography.com
workshops:equipment sales:chemistry sales