[Alt-photo] waxing palladium prints

Karen Hymer karenhymer at gmail.com
Sat May 13 17:33:40 UTC 2017

I have a student who is trying to wax his prints - they are cyanotypes over palladium prints on Cot 320.  He had great success at first (beeswax with lavender oil, soft cotton t-shirt to rub on) but the second time the t-shirt left some lint (easy to solve - choose a better piece of cloth) but also the fibers of the paper pulled off.  Perhaps it is a matter of practice - My question is does anyone have a better way of waxing? Renaissance  wax? Dorlands wax?

       Karen Hymer
    karenhymer.com
karenhymer at gmail.com