[Alt-photo] ziatype

Bob Cornelis bob at colorfolio.com
Mon May 15 18:53:02 UTC 2017

I'm interesting in exploring ziatypes (I do mostly pt/pd) mainly because of
the ability to create different tones by tweaking the chemistry.

I use QTR to make my pt/pd negs with custom curves for each paper I print
on. I'm curious as to whether I will need to recalibrate and make a new
curve any time I adjust the chemistry to alter the toning, or whether those
chemistry tweaks are small enough, or otherwise inconsequential, to the
custom curve process.

It seems like it would be a lot of work if you had to recalibrate each time
you tweak the chemistry for toning purposes.

Thanks
Bob