[Alt-photo] suggestions about cyanotype curve

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Mon May 22 17:10:31 UTC 2017

Bob,
Without seeing your samples, I can suggest one possibility; a thick coating of the sensitizer. I have found that contrast increases, the more one applies to the paper. It may be due to the uv blocking effect such that the sensitizer that is bound to the paper never gets a chance of exposure in the shadow areas due to the filtering effect of the sensitizer sitting overtop. Whatever the reason, that is my observation. I know others will   suggest other possible causes.

Peter Friedrichsen