[Alt-photo] suggestions about cyanotype curve

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Tue May 23 21:42:57 UTC 2017

Bob,

> On May 23, 2017, at 2:31 PM, Christina Z. Anderson via Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org> wrote:
>
> ... but it sounds to me like you may have chosen a too dense color.

This comment from Chris reminded me of something I meant to say but forgot. The strongest, most powerful UV blocking color is not necessarily the best. This plays into the idea I (and others) proposed of reducing the ink density. You should be choosing the weakest color that gives sufficient blocking to achieve pure white but no more than that. This way you won't need to reduce ink density. Also, and just as important, if there are several possibilities choose the one that prints the smoothest over the whole scale.

Cheers,
Keith

Keith Schreiber
jkschreiber.com