[Alt-photo] Curves and text files in QTR

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Thu May 25 20:22:57 UTC 2017

I'm not sure about this, but I think that if he makes a change to the .acv curve file but does not rename it or move it then it is not necessary to reinstall the QTR curve text file. The QTR curve refers to the .acv on-the-fly, so as long as the .acv referred to is available in the location used in the installed curve (I am assuming that this is in the GrayCurve field or something similar) it will use whatever in in the .acv file at the time it is used.

But if you care about keeping track of your progress and changes, I don't think using the same name for a different .acv is good practice. Each variation should get a new variation on the name too, in which case the text file would be modified also to refer to the new .acv name, and the curve should then get a new name too. In this case you do need to run the installer each time you make a new iteration.

Cheers,
Keith