[Alt-photo] humidity

forums at walkerblackwell.com forums at walkerblackwell.com
Fri May 26 15:30:38 UTC 2017

In my understanding, humidity should be nearly equivalent between cyan and pt/pd. (I have a limited understanding of Cyanotype but this was what we did at MM Workshops.)

HPR is especially sensitive to humidity and I recommend no less than 45% and no more than 66% and also to make sure your temperature is under 74 degrees F. High humidity and high temperature can result in issues with this paper.

Low humidity and result in even more issues though (streaking, etc). This paper also needs specific amounts of Tween20 or PhotoFlo (surfactants) or the solution will not go in properly.

All in all, the variables must be tested in a scientific way before optimal conditions are met.

best,
Walker