[Alt-photo] problem installing qtr files

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Wed Oct 4 19:13:42 UTC 2017

Kees,

This is not accurate - at least not for Mac OSX. The limit is between 39 and 41 characters. I discovered this when a 42 character filename would not install. I changed an abbreviation which brought it down to 39 characters and it installed fine. Most of my QTR filenames are 30+ characters.

I do know that Richard Boutwell specifies a 20 character limit for the files generated by his Excel spreadsheets, but that is an Excel limit - those names can be changed before installing them.

If you are talking about the Windows version, I have no idea. ;)

Keith