[Alt-photo] Alt-photo-process-list Digest, Vol 177, Issue 5

Anne Chansonette chansonette at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 00:37:05 UTC 2017

Hey Mark,

     That's a good idea---to coat a piece of paper and leave it in the dark
room to see if anything settles on it. Denny also has a good point with the
hair dryer.

     So far I have tried:

New brush
New chemistry (have been buying FO in solution from B & S- will try buying
dry from Artcraft next)
Tearing my paper with a glass edge rather than a stainless steel rule
Replaced droppers and all other containers used for soaking brushes or
mixing sensitizer
Thoroughly cleaned workspace and put clean paper down on table
Use only distilled water

     I print on Hahnemühle platinum rag. As I told Chris in our off-list
exchange, I tried coating a piece of Rives that I had kicking around for
gum and it was much worse. I saw the plague spots after the coated paper
sat for a few minutes, before even exposing or developing. Generally on the
HPR, I am not seeing the spots until after development. However, I want to
make 100% certain that is the case. I was out of the lab this week and had
to travel, but now that I am back I am ready to start from scratch and get
this resolved.

     Thanks again, I will post results of the next round of investigation.
Or I'll start drawing birds lol ;)

Anne

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 4:35 PM, MARK NELSON via Alt-photo-process-list <