[Alt-photo] Dichromate Poisoing

`Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 24 18:06:11 UTC 2017

    Said about jazz, "If you don't know what it is no one can tell you"
more or less.
    If you are concerned that your warnings are not being taken as
seriously as you think they should be you are wrong. There are many
hazardous materials that have been removed from general circulation but
there are some where the dangers are overblown or where the dangers
apply to industrial use in large amounts. Certainly warnings should be
taken seriously, for instance the warnings about tobacco use were around
at least two decades before the definitive study showing they caused
cancer came out. Same with global warming, people are beginning to
understand how serious it is after perhaps fifty years of warnings.
     The  book I recommended is well known and provides some common
sense ideas about what should be considered hazardous.
     Materials like potassium dichromate, like guns, need to be handled
by people who have some education about them. It is certainly hazardous
but I think can be handled safely in the small amounts needed for some
photographic processes. See:
http://nj.gov/health/eoh/rtkweb/documents/fs/1564.pdf

On 10/23/2017 11:28 PM, Charles Berger via Alt-photo-process-list wrote:
> Some people, if they don't know, you can't tell them.
>
>     -Louis Armstrong

Richard Knoppow
dickburk at ix.netcom.com
WB6KBL