[Alt-photo] Luis Nadeau

Jacques Kevers jacqueskv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:36:30 UTC 2017

Christina,
As for the "ateliers Fresson", I asked them.
Their reply was: "No problems for us. Our inventory will last for numerous
years.."
Best regards,
Jacques

By the way, although the ban is also effective now in Belgium, several
members reported they still were able to buy some without questions nor
restrictions... besides skyrocketing prices ( around 120€/kg instead of
around 20...).
I found quite interesting the discussion about people regretting that some
intend continuing to use dichromates despite of its dangers... As far as I
know, quite a lot of people decide continuing to use their cars without
this being questioned by anybody, while car accidents are a quite common
cause of deaths :-)... At Picto Benelux, we have sessions where we tell
people how to handle adequately dichromates (or other products), and how to
dispose adequately of waste products. As for dichromates, the Cr(VI) can be
reduced relatively easily to (less dangerous) Cr(III) using sodium
metabisulfite, and the remaining Cr(III) precipitated using a  NaOH +
Ca(OH)2 mix...

Jacques Kevers
Beau Site
Première Avenue 7