[Alt-photo] DAS (was Re: Luis Nadeau)

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 00:16:46 UTC 2017

Thanks Kees.

May I inquire further why you found DAS unsuitable for gum printing but not carbon or casein? FWIW, I became a vegan a couple years ago and will not be doing casein printing so I am looking for a safer alternative for gum printing. I also had planned on using exposed, unpigmented, dichromated, gum as a sizing in place of gelatin but would prefer a safer alternative for that purpose too.

Any further information on your gum printing tests would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

p.s., I'm finding conflicting (M)SDS sheets on the substance. One manufacturer (Sigma-Aldrich) indicates it is "not a hazardous substance or mixture" while others (TCI, Spectrum) characterize it as much more hazardous.