[Alt-photo] Dichromate Poisoning

Mark Gould siark at me.com
Thu Oct 26 12:44:39 UTC 2017

Hi Charles,

I think you have raised an interesting point. I have been practising historical photographic printing processes myself for a few years and as a beginner I found one of the most difficult topics to research in relation to these processes was safety.

Many books highlight the dangers of the chemicals used, but few if any provide comprehensive advice on the safe procedures and appropriate safety equipment to use in the preparation and use of those chemicals.

One of the most useful resources I found were YouTube videos of professional and academic chemists preparing and using various chemicals and observing how they worked.

Whilst I’m not convinced your statement that Chris’s comments imply a cavalier attitude, I do think you have raised a valuable topic of conversation.

Regards,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone