[Alt-photo] Dichromate Poisoning

Jim Patterson jimbobnola at cox.net
Thu Oct 26 17:42:03 UTC 2017

Hi All,
Being an occupational physician I am aware of the risks of Chromium VI.  On the certification exams they always have questions on chrome holes, perforated nasal septum, and nasopharyngeal and sinus cancer.

I have been a student of Chris and she preaches safe handling and personal protective equipment.

In the past 2 yrs I have been experimenting with alternate Sensitizers and colloids.  The most promising at the moment are Cerium IV Ammonium Sulfate and Eosin Y.

Both of these harden gum Arabic, gelatin, fish glue, cellulose gum, PVP and others.  I am not saying they are better than GB, but are alternatives.

Jim Patterson, New Orleans

Sent from my iPhone