[Alt-photo] PAPER QUESTION FOR TWO PROCESSES

bobkiss caribsurf.com bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Sat Sep 2 22:14:29 UTC 2017

DEAR LIST,

I am about to do some extensive testing of some papers. My question is regarding two different processes; Cyanotype and Pt/Pd printing: with which, if any of the following papers have you found it necessary to treat them in acid to remove buffers before use in these two processes? I believe each of the manufacturers say that their papers are not buffered but "One never know, do one?" I am most concerned about the results with Cyanotype.

Hahnemühle platinum rag

Arches Platine (either weight)

Revere Platinum

Cranes Cover 90 lb wove