[Alt-photo] PAPER QUESTION FOR TWO PROCESSES

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 14:49:15 UTC 2017

Bob,
I agree with Denny. These papers are all fine with no acidification.
And they’re all wonderful papers.
You don’t have Cot 320 on there?
I am in paper testing mode along with you as we speak. I’ve got a stack of paper, vellums and some of the pad papers that people say are really good.
I came across this from the list years ago:
“ Slower papers are redder, perhaps because alkalinity is converting some of the Prussian blue to ferric hydrate which is brick red."   Peter Friedrichsen
I find this an interesting proposition, because there is one thing to acidity/alkalinity to papers and another to the color of the completed cyanotype on papers. Some papers will be more purple, some more blue and some with a hint of green. HPR leans to green.
It’s Fabriano that is sort of sucky with cyanotype though I printed it all the time for gum overs.
Chris