[Alt-photo] RocklandLiquid light

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 15:02:46 UTC 2017

Karen,

I used to teach a gang lab on liquid emulsion and had to quit several years ago because of fogging. The products really need to be coated under red safelight and dried in the dark, and we have yellow safelight in our gang lab and the students became careless. We have 8 individual color darkrooms in our facility equipped with red safelight so I have no idea why such problems.

Unless Rockland Liquid Light has been reformulated, it is very very slow. The other options are much much better. Foma, Black Magic, etc. They are about the speed of warm tone paper.

Always buy a variable contrast one, too.

But coating, drying, exposing, processing under red safelight is best.

Paper was just watercolor paper from the bookstore. Any worked. The hot press is so smooth it is almost like a regular photograph so I thought, why bother.

I used to love doing liquid emulsion!

Chris