[Alt-photo] Exposure Unit

Greg Brophy greg at gregbrophy.com
Tue Sep 5 14:04:34 UTC 2017

Hi Don and Larry. Thanks for the interest. I am using Arduino with the ML8511 sensor and I need to figure out how to code for dose.

“Radiant exposure (H), is dose, and is described in joules (unit of energy) per square meter (J m2) or joules per square centimeter (J cm2). Note that a watt is a joule per second thus the dose rate (W cm2) multiplied by the exposure duration (seconds) equals dose (J cm2).”

So basically I need to create a timer, then multiply that with the W cm2.

I just found out the sensor I am using is no longer available and will have to find a new one.

I am using the basic code that was provided with the sensor.

Thanks,

Greg