[Alt-photo] Exposure Unit

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 00:57:23 UTC 2017

Thanks Gordon.

Don Bryant

-----Original Message-----
From: Alt-photo-process-list
Gordon Holtslander via Alt-photo-process-list
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 8:09 PM
To: Greg Brophy; alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
Subject: Re: [Alt-photo] Exposure Unit

Look at this UV sensor

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1918

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander
gjh at shaw.ca
Learn about HSP http://sp-foundation.org

From: "alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org"
To: "Larry Ogrodnek" <ogrodnek at gmail.com>,
"alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org
alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org"
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:04:34 AM

Hi Don and Larry. Thanks for the interest. I am using Arduino with the
ML8511 sensor and I need to figure out how to code for dose.

"Radiant exposure (H), is dose, and is described in joules (unit of energy)
per square meter (J m2) or joules per square centimeter (J cm2). Note that a
watt is a joule per second thus the dose rate (W cm2) multiplied by the
exposure duration (seconds) equals dose (J cm2)."

So basically I need to create a timer, then multiply that with the W cm2.

I just found out the sensor I am using is no longer available and will have
to find a new one.

I am using the basic code that was provided with the sensor.

Thanks,

Greg

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 6:18 PM, Larry Ogrodnek <ogrodnek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Greg, that sounds really great! Would love to hear about it when you
are ready to share.

> I have some C firmware experience and may be able to help depending on
what you need.

> I used to make/sell some LED nametag kits
(http://analogmachines.com/p/nametag/) and have some experience in
basic/amateur hardware/software work...

<alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org> wrote:
>> I also wanted to order one of the light measure UV meters and was
disappointed that it was discontinued. I went on Facebook and some people
pointed me in the right direction for creating my own which I am now in the
process of doing. I have a prototype I am working on and am just trying to
fix a few kinks in the code, but when done I will share how to do it or if
people don't want to make it, I can make it as well. I also plan on making a
few improvements like touch screens. The best part is that most of the parts
are open source and what isn't can easily be printed with a 3-D printer. I
will send out updates as I get closer. If anybody know how to program in C++
and wants to help, let me know.