[Alt-photo] [Alt-Photo] Wet Plate Collodion Sensivity Filter for Normal Film

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 00:29:41 UTC 2017

Mustafa,

Salted collodion is UV-sensitive well below 400nm and the sensitivity drops to almost nothing around 500nm. See the graph in this post on the collodion forum.

The transmission of quartz lenses and modern lens coatings may also be factors in the overall exposure.

An orthochromatic film emulsion may get you close to the collodion sensitivity, but I don't believe any filter will mimic the collodion sensitivity since a filter can only subtract rather than extend the range. IIRC, a Wratten #44 cyan will be about the best you can do if using panchromatic film.

Joe