[Alt-photo] [Alt-Photo] Wet Plate Collodion Sensivity Filterfor Normal Film

Peter Marshall petermarshall at cix.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 10:42:51 UTC 2017

All photographic films are sensitive to UV (and even shorter wavelengths
will also fog film) and  the shape of published spectral sensitivity
curves that appear to show a lack of sensitivity was an artefact of the
way that they were produced - using tungsten illumination which lacked
UV.  Kodak produced their curves differently and showed high sensitivity
at 300nm - at which point the curve simply cut off because it wasn't
measured below that wavelength. Since clear glass is opaque below around
320nm the range below that is seldom important in photography.

Peter