[Alt-photo] [Alt-Photo] Wet Plate Collodion Sensivity Filterfor Normal Film

Peter Marshall petermarshall at cix.co.uk
Sun Sep 10 17:46:13 UTC 2017

A UV Pass Blacklite Dichroic filter such as shown in
http://www.dichroic.org/ultraviolet_pass_filters.htm when used with an
orthochromatic film would give a similar response to collodion. But at a
cost - I don't think it gives prices on the site.

Any differences are more likely to be due to the UV transmission of the
various glass elements in the lens used than the film. Different glasses
have pretty different UV absorption, but I think few modern compound
lenses would have high transmission below 350nm.

Peter

.