[Alt-photo] [Alt-Photo] Wet Plate Collodion Sensivity Filterfor Normal Film

`Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 10 18:58:59 UTC 2017

     Many types of glass attenuate UV. Some optical cements attenuate
UV. If you have a source of UV, any sort of lamp, and something that
will glow in UV try putting glass inbetween and see what happens.
    I have an old military contact printer that uses an array of argon
glow lamps. If I put paper with brighteners in front of it the paper
glows strongly. I had to replace the platen with window glass and it
absorbs at least half or more of the UV.
    Another point, the corrections for a lens designed for visible light
may be pretty far off for light much beyond its normal band.
     All silver halide emulsions are sensitive to UV, the color
sensitizing for longer wavelengths does not affect this.

On 9/10/2017 7:59 AM, Mustafa Umut Sarac via Alt-photo-process-list wrote:
> My friend was looking for a uv enlarger and lens, APUG members suggested
> normal lens is uv transparent . Is it true ?
>
> umut

Richard Knoppow
dickburk at ix.netcom.com
WB6KBL