[Alt-photo] Van Dyke Toning

mary nation marynation at mac.com
Wed Sep 20 17:50:39 UTC 2017

 I would be grateful for any assistance regarding toning a VanDyke with Platinum/Palladium.  From what I understand, the toning should be done pre-fixing and the VanDyke should be “over-exposed” (not defined).   James includes a formula for Palladium toner as follows:  2g sodium acetate, 2g citric acid, 400 ml distilled water, and 30 drops of 20% Palladium chloride but does not include one for Platinum/Palladium.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments would be appreciated as to both the process and the toner(s).

Many thanks!