[Alt-photo] uv content of led lights

`Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 23 20:18:03 UTC 2017

    I have not done a search but I am pretty sure there are spectrograms
for the various LED lamps and maybe a spectrogram for the sensitivity of
alt coatings like Van Dyke, Cyanotype, Platinum. I think these are
mostly sensitive to U.V. but they may have some longer wavelength
sensitivity too. The problem with an LED or even a tungsten lamp with a
filter is that the eye tells you only the predominant output color. For
instance, red party lights are mostly not safe for conventional blue
sensitive printing paper. An LED or array of them with a filter would be
safe because the filter would eliminate wavelengths that might fog the
sensitive material.
    Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating so Marek's
comment below answers the question in a practical sense but it would be
interesting to have the data too.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk at ix.netcom.com