[Alt-photo] Another good paper for cyanotype

Keith Schreiber keith at jkschreiber.com
Mon Feb 5 04:53:51 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

I had to take a break from paper and process testing, which you know is just about my favorite thing too, to get some actual printing done and prepare for a couple of workshops, but I intend to be back at it by early summer.

I've just got a couple comments for you:

Herschel - I bought a bunch about a year ago and it took a month to get here. It was shipped quickly enough and was at US customs in less than a week, but then it sat there for about 3 weeks. Contraband paper dontcha know! I haven't done anything with it yet other than a couple quick tests. I'm gonna have to tweak my standard Pd process for it, but I'm hoping it works well with the Malde-Ware POP process which I am finally learning.

I can't seem to get anything to work with classic cyanotype here, but two Japanese papers that do work well with "New Cyanotype" are Tosa Hakkinshi and Sekishi Torinoko Gampi. The latter is exceedingly smooth but a bit more contrasty than other papers I've tested with that process. Both are available from Hiromi.

I look forward to trying the Sumi-e.

Cheers,
Keith