[Alt-photo] Another good paper for cyanotype

Graeme Lyall graemelyall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:13:46 UTC 2018

Hi Chris

I tried the paper using standard cyanotype, in 20/8 proportions (which I
took from Crawford's "Keepers of Light") and it was very nice.  Using a 5x4
negative, I got a stunning amount of detail, and a long exposure scale, as
you suggested.  And a deep satisfying blue, despite the thin paper.

On coating, the solution immediately soaked right through, which suprised
me, and perhaps either side could be printed on.  In fact I lost track of
which side was which.  I will be more careful next time.

Despite the minimal handling in the coating, and considerable care in
developing and drying, the paper ended up with a slightly begraddled look.
I might think of pressing it when drying, even using a fibre based print
drier.

Thanks again.

Graeme Lyall

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:31 AM, Christina Z. Anderson via
Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org>