[Alt-photo] Dichromates and Septic System?

David Christensen agitprop at telus.net
Thu Feb 15 16:12:49 UTC 2018

It may not necessarily be applicable to well water, but Don Nelson on
the Carbon List and Udo Schnitzbauer on this list both pointed to the
use of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) for reducing hexavalent chromium.

See this link for the paper “Reduction of hexavalent chromium by
ascorbic acid in aqueous solutions”:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/8227753_Reduction_of_hexavalent_chromium_by_ascorbic_acid_in_aqueous_solutions

And this link for Udo Schnitzbauer's post on the forum:

https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/pipermail/alt-photo-process-list/2016-March/002390.html

David