[Alt-photo] Salted Paper - Casein salt size

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:07:15 UTC 2018

David,

I bet you can print all sorts of salt variations with just one negative. I typically do. On the other hand you will
also discover that with salt printing you can always use more negative density. If you are printing 24 min, you can adjust ink density to be printing 36 min and get a bit more density of your prints. This seems to be a diminishing effort however as it is difficult to tell them apart unless you keep them side by side and these extremely long printing times make for rather unproductive printing sessions.
I do not apply different curves and I mean S-curves that change tonality, I just adjust to add more or less ink in a linear fashion (QTR) to a negative.
Marek