[Alt-photo] Antwort: Re: Dichromates and Septic System?

johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:39:51 UTC 2018

‘but only if you do it commercial (professional) (in German: gewerblich) because REACH counts not for private (= hobby) use.’

———————

It’s much more complicated than that. If a license wasn’t applied for and granted before the ‘sunset‘ date you are not allowed to possess or use hexavelant chromium salts. I’m not sure you can even apply now. The form was extremely complicated to fill out and ideally would need the advice of an expert.

I spoke to REACH prior to the ban. I was advised that if a business used small amounts, (under one tonne a year!), for research then no license ‘probably‘ wouldn’t be needed but but detailed notes are necessary to prove research is being carried out. I have this in writing. This is how I’m approaching the issue.

Best wishes from the UK

John

Sent from my iPhone