[Alt-photo] Vacuum Units?

Darkrooms, Department of Art darkroommanager at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 26 14:48:45 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

For the longest time we have had a homemade exposure unit with a 30x40” printing area. The light source still works well, but the contact on the glass frame is just down right awful. It was designed to work by gravity alone and has never worked well. That said I am in the market for a vacuum unit that will accept 30x40 paper. I’ve been in touch with Jon from Edwards Engineered Products. I like his design, but it requires that I modify my light source so that the vacuum frame fits underneath. While I understand that this is likely to be the case with any vacuum frame I purchase I am curious if there are any other sources out there for vacuum frames. If anyone has any suggestions I’d love to hear them!

Thank you,
Jennifer Gioffre
Art and Photography Studio Manager
College of Architecture Art and Planning
Cornell University
102a Tjaden Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853

t.  607-255-4207