[Alt-photo] Albumin powder

Serdar Bilici sbilici at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 18:27:37 UTC 2018

Victor,

That is not a very dilute solution actually. I know some recommend one egg
white to 100ml or 250ml of water, but in kodak's collodion negative book it
recommends one egg white to one liter of water.
So 1 gram to 300ml is quite acceptable. I always had fogging problems with
other formulas, albumen coated edges clearly had dense base fog.
So I never tried coating the whole glass before this formula. I have used
weeks old albumen subbing solution, and it caused no fogging.

When I decide to re-use albumen subbed glass, cleaning is a lengthy
process. I use acids and hydrogen peroxide to remove albumen traces.
One gram in 300ml leaves hard to remove residue on glass.

Regards
Serdar