[Alt-photo] Salted Paper - double coating

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:42:56 UTC 2018

All
I would second Earl’s observations that humidity matters. What’s even more important in salt printing is the consistency.  It is very difficult to be consistent in the paper stays kind of moist in between the coats as it affects the depth and do ed of how reagents penetrate paper. I always let the salt coat dry overnight.
In terms of specific potassium effect it would be important for agar-agar or carrageenan but much less so for other size. Because of different formula weight of potassium and sodium direct weight wise substitution will result in some change of silver to salt ratio. Very little difference. At the end toning is the most important variable determining the end look of the print

Happy printing
Marek

Sent from my iPhone