[Alt-photo] sulphite papers

Christina Z. Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 15:14:52 UTC 2018

Dear List,

Still working on paper testing and I had a question. Below is a list of paper content that I have come across in 100+ papers.

I understand that gampi, kozo, cotton, linen, and mitsumata fibers are all excellent and archival papers.

I am unclear about sulphite, bamboo, cellulose, high alpha cellulose.

This may be a question for an archivist (Kim DuBoise?).

Does anyone know the archival life of a wood pulp, sulphite paper, or cellulose paper as compared to a cotton paper?

Chris

10% cotton/ 90% cellulose
100% alpha cellulose
100% cellulose