[Alt-photo] ziatype question

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:32:26 UTC 2018

Bob,

I terms of DMAx question. I would check if this is a function of how much palladium solution is absorbed in the paper and how. Different salts cause different absorption into the paper. Things like humidity have the effect on coating as well. I would suggest double coat some test samples and see if you can tell the difference. I tried Ziatype it in the past and eventually abandoned it for the ease of control and repeatability of the classical DOP process. Gold has a huge effect on the tonality but it also affects contrast to such a great extent, it did not seem like it was worth the effort. It also gives pink highlights, not quite so attractive for landscape subjects that I am working with.

GOdd luck and report back

Marek