[Alt-photo] If you do your own matting

Denny dspector at charter.net
Sun Jun 3 14:16:02 UTC 2018

Folks,

If you do your own matting and have MS Access installed on your computer,
read on...

I've added a downloadable tool on my website to help with matting prints.
The tool lets you visualize what a print will look like on any size mat.  It
allows adjustable Image border space for signing under the image and
adjustable top/bottom mat weighting if you prefer not to center the print on
the mat. It also shows you the final mat dimensions to simplify mat cutting
(if you cut your own mats it's really handy.)

The tool is written in MS Access VBA and I've tested it in Access 2010 and
Access 2013.  You must have some flavor of MS Access installed to use the
tool.  If you don't have MS Access, the web page has a link to a free
downloadable Access runtime, but I really don't know if it will actually
work for anyone who doesn't already have Access.

The tool is available at
http://www.dennisspector.com/technotes/matting.html

I've simplified the front end of the tool to avoid confusion, but haven't
bothered to clean up the module, so if you look at the code don't be
surprised if it's a lot more complex than expected.

Hopefully this is useful for some folks.

Denny