[Alt-photo] Another good paper for cyanotype

Graeme Lyall graemelyall at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 20:49:20 UTC 2018

The Sumi-E paper is great, but thin, and I found it important to mark the
coated side with a pencil, because the solution goes completely through,
immediately.  I have exposed it by sunlight, and with a UV source, both
worked well.

If not hijacking the topic, I am debating making a book featuring
cyanotypes throughout (I know, the idea has been around for a while).  The
bookcloth on boards will be made from cyanotyped material (maybe calico),
and the endpapers and pastedowns will be cyanotypes.

And of course the main part of the book will be cyanotypes. For that, I
would like to find suitable paper that will work as pages, work well for
cyanotypes, and can be bound into the book, using traditional bookbinding
methods.  I've made albums before, but I like the idea of the images being
integral.  The paper I have at hand includes sumi-e, hot pressed
watercolour paper, laid paper, etc., none of which are ideal for this
project.

I'll let you know if I find a good solution!

Graeme

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 7:53 PM, raven erebus via Alt-photo-process-list <