[Alt-photo] Ageing of New Cyanotype

johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com johnbrewerphotography at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:53:11 UTC 2018

I’ve never used Mike Ware’s new cyanotype process which as you used the word ‘new’ I guess you’ve used.

Certainly it’s very difficult to overexpose the traditional recipe. When people don’t expose long enough they tend to under wash which results in unstable/non archival images.

While I don’t practice the new cyanotype process I thought it was only the traditional method that would re-darken if kept in the dark for a period.

One thing to note is the new cyanotype process needs to be printed on suitable paper.

Maybe Mike could chime in?

Sent from my iPhone