[Alt-photo] IS IT ALT?

Siegfried Rempel siegfriedrempel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 22:44:01 UTC 2018

"Alt" as a definition is, in my opinion changing as the products available
continue generating images disappear. Silver gelatin is an alt process,
given that the ability to obtain the print product commercially is
significantly reduced from what it was just a few years ago. Most anyone
working in silver gelatin today has to make the images themselves, by hand
and thus for me its become an alt process. Silver gelatin's sister process
silver collodio-chloride has been an alt process since before WWII.
Just my take on the "definition".