[Alt-photo] HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE

ROBERT KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Tue Sep 1 19:51:49 UTC 2020

DEAR LIST,

     I found this very interesting because it gives a perspective that is not quite as American & British centered as Beaumont Newhall's HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY.  I met Newhall on a number of occasions in Rochester at RIT and at the Visual Studies Workshop so I was a dyed in the wool fan but it is nice to have other perspectives.  E.g., Newhall was not very receptive to alt photo printing after the advent of silver gelatin.  He and Minor White used to say, "Sure, that's nice.  But is it photography?"

The direct link to the pdf is here:
http://www.eshph.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2008_Jubilee_lowres.pdf    http://www.eshph.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2008_Jubilee_lowres.pdf

                 CHEERS!
                         BOB