[Alt-photo] Losing Dmax in Kallitypes

George L Smyth glsmyth at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 21:22:19 UTC 2020

I made a number of Kallitype prints about 8 months ago, toning them with platinum.  Things worked well (though I need to adjust my digital negative curve just a bit).  For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to make Kallitype prints but the DMax just is not there.  It is hard for me to imagine that the platinum toner is going bad after less than a year but perhaps that might be the case?
I am using the same paper, the chemistry I am using is freshly mixed and I am using it one-shot.  I am out of ideas as to what might be keeping my DMax from being what I got 8 months ago.
Any ideas as to what I should check?

Thanks -
george