[Alt-photo] Reply: Losing DMax in Kallitype prints

George L Smyth glsmyth at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 21:45:40 UTC 2020

Just to clarify, I use the toner as one-shot - 20ml for a 6x9" image size print.
george
Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.comBlog: http://GLSmyth.wordpress.com

    On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 05:34:02 PM EDT, George L Smyth via Alt-photo-process-list <alt-photo-process-list at lists.altphotolist.org> wrote:

 If it's the toner then that would be good/bad news - I would find the problem but then I'm out about 650ml of toner. (g)  I guess the only way to know for sure would be to buy more platinum and find out.  I do have some 1% gold so I could mix some of that up to see how well/poorly that might work.  Which gold toner formula do you use?
I use distilled water to mix all of my chemistry, and the wash before and after clearing is done by swishing a bit of distilled water in the pan, so I am thinking that the pH should be okay.
george
Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.comBlog: http://GLSmyth.wordpress.com