[Alt-photo] Reply: Losing DMax in Kallitype prints

George L Smyth glsmyth at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 22:22:34 UTC 2020

Thanks, that's similar to the Clerc's formula I use at times.
george
--------------------------------------
Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.comBlog: http://GLSmyth.wordpress.com

    On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 05:43:53 PM EDT, Jorj Bauer <jorj at jorj.org> wrote:

 I seldom mix more than 250mL at a time...

1.25mL 10% gold chloride
12.5mL 10% thiourea
12.5mL 10% tartaric acid
distilled water to make 250mL

— jOn Sep 3, 2020, 5:34 PM -0400, George L Smyth <glsmyth at yahoo.com>, wrote:

If it's the toner then that would be good/bad news - I would find the problem but then I'm out about 650ml of toner. (g)  I guess the only way to know for sure would be to buy more platinum and find out.  I do have some 1% gold so I could mix some of that up to see how well/poorly that might work.  Which gold toner formula do you use?
I use distilled water to mix all of my chemistry, and the wash before and after clearing is done by swishing a bit of distilled water in the pan, so I am thinking that the pH should be okay.
george
Handmade Photographic Images: http://www.GLSmyth.comBlog: http://GLSmyth.wordpress.com