[Alt-photo] Reply: Losing DMax in Kallitype prints

Dennis Moser dennis.moser at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 06:57:29 UTC 2020

Pablo,

Now I understand your post on the Facebook alt-photo site!

I have been using the Moersch MT-10 formula gold toner on both kallitypes
and argyrotypes for about a year now and I do find that it definitely has a
"life-span" on the shelf as well as a pretty consistent exhaustion rate.

Since I do different size prints, I don't judge by how many square inches,
just how long does it take to see a reaction... anything over about 10
minutes and it's time to freshen things up.  I buy it by the liter and pour
out about 250 ml into a small container for my "working" solution, topping
it off when I start to see a shift in toning time. The down side to this is
that I may be causing my "stock" solution to age due to the increased
surface area in the bottle... may need to switch to those "collapsible"
storage bottles for the stock solution.

Best,

Dennis Moser

~~
If your first move is brilliant, you’re in trouble. You don’t really know
how to follow it; you’re frightened of ruining it. So, to make a mess is a
good beginning. — Brian Eno

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 1:59 AM Pablo Kolodny via Alt-photo-process-list <