[Alt-photo] Forthcoming book on printing-out platinum-palladium

Mike Ware mike at mikeware.co.uk
Sat Sep 12 13:14:32 UTC 2020

I’m very happy to announce that our book Platinotype: Making Photographs in Platinum and Palladium with the Contemporary Printing-out Process will be available from Focal / Routledge in December.
It is the result of nearly four decades of collaboration between Pradip Malde and myself. Over forty photographers and some 100 prints are showcased in the volume, along with detailed technical instructions.
This is the ninth book in the excellent Routledge series edited by Christina Z. Anderson:
https://www.routledge.com/Contemporary-Practices-in-Alternative-Process-Photography/book-series/CPAPP <https://www.routledge.com/Contemporary-Practices-in-Alternative-Process-Photography/book-series/CPAPP>

and it is an honour to have been selected by her to write this volume. Discounted pre-orders can be placed at:
https://www.routledge.com/Platinotype-Making-Photographs-in-Platinum-and-Palladium-with-the-Contemporary/Ware-Malde/p/book/9780367415952 <https://www.routledge.com/Platinotype-Making-Photographs-in-Platinum-and-Palladium-with-the-Contemporary/Ware-Malde/p/book/9780367415952?fbclid=IwAR169ypViyJOcziiTavx2rP17FEjMJSVup62NhB_23Vt8XO83VkP-07Ijf0>.
The intended readership is mainly practitioners with backgrounds in the arts and humanities, rather than the sciences, so the text has been written by Pradip - he speaks the language, and it is his voice you will hear - based on his 26-year experience teaching photography as Professor of Art in the University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee. More practical details of the process can be found on his website:
https://pradipmalde.com/technical-notes/ <https://pradipmalde.com/technical-notes/>

For the benefit of any chemists, the technical content of this process can be traced back to my e-book Platinomicon, which is freely downloadable from my website:
https://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/downloads.html <https://www.mikeware.co.uk/mikeware/downloads.html>