[Frameworks] John Writer

Mark Toscano fiddybop at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 19:36:54 CDT 2010

Hmm, I've been wondering about John Writer a bit.  I've never seen anything, but when Brakhage's internegatives came to the Academy from MoMA in about 2005-06, one of Writer's internegs was in there.  Most likely, Western Cine labs had sent it by mistake to MoMA back in 2002.  It's a film called HADES TRINITY.  Can't help but think of THE DANTE QUARTET, of course.

I think at the time, maybe Timoleon Wilkins told me he had known John, but I don't remember what he said.  I just inventoried the interneg into our collection, so if someone knows John, he might like to know we have it and perhaps want it back.

Steve P - your description of that screening is fascinating.  I wonder if he makes films anymore.

Mark Toscano