[Frameworks] SF Bay Guardian piece on Belson show tonight, Berkeley

C Keefer keefco at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 19 14:11:42 CDT 2011

Tonight, Wed Oct 19 at Pacific Film Archive, Berkeley, 7:30 pm, CVM presents
"Jordan Belson: Films Sacred and Profane."
A memorial, celebratory screening.

"Light Years: Paying tribute to Jordan Belson's cosmic cinema" in the San Francisco Bay Guardian:
www.sfbg.com/2011/10/18/light-years

"...Choreographed along the lines of rhythm, texture, frequency and color, Belson's assured geometric forms tend to evoke sublime metaphors of subatomic particles, space odysseys and mandala wheels. For me, they create a startling awareness of cinema's weightlessness (and for less than The Tree of Life's catering costs)."
(end excerpt)

Please considering supporting our project to preserve and digitize more of Belson's films, details here:
www.centerforvisualmusic.org/Belson

Cindy Keefer
Center for Visual Music
www.centerforvisualmusic.org
Please respond to CVM email: cvmaccess (at) gmail (dot) com