[Frameworks] Re-authored Imagery Culled from Commercial DVDs

Matt Helme dcinema2134 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 14:56:11 CST 2012

I'm on both.
Matt

http://www.youtube.com/user/oscarthepug1234

http://www.youtube.com/user/matthelme007

________________________________
 From: Adam Hyman <adam at lafilmforum.org>
To: Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Sent: Monday, January 2, 2012 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Re-authored Imagery Culled from Commercial DVDs

Re: [Frameworks] Re-authored Imagery Culled from Commercial DVDs
Hi Ken,

I just replied to your email with the same query on the Doculink list...
Are you and I the only ones on both of these lists?

Happy New Year!

Adam

I would like to make a collage documentary consisting of very short, 3 to 5 second clips (possibly longer) relative to my theme, culled from pre-1960 Hollywood films. My question is two-fold: First, are there any intellectual property issues regarding image and sound, given the length of the clips? The project won't have a theatrical release, only film festivals and self-distribution. Secondly, what would be the best method for ripping these clips from a dvd of the original source film?

FrameWorks at jonasmekasfilms.com